Resound Alera 5 Non Wireless
The Alera 5 is the third level of technology currently offered by ReSound. Like the Alera 7 and 9, it is available in a range of models and colours. Features include
- 9 Channels – Each channel processes a range of frequencies so the more channels you have, the more specifically it can be programmed to suit your hearing needs.
- Two Programmes – This would allow you to programme the hearing aid for two different environments e.g. Restaurant/Normal speech.
- Surround Sound Processor – This processes the different frequencies to preserve the sound quality. It also has a built in wind noise control system.
- DFS (Digital Feedback Suppression – Eliminates the whistling noise caused by feedback.
- Advanced Noise Tracker II – This is a sophisticated system that helps to remove background noise leaving speech clearer. It can be programmed for two different levels on the Alera 5.
- Onboard Analyzer II – This feature allows your audiologist to analyse the data from your hearing aid by logging the activity that takes place. The audiologist can then feed the data into a computer and review it.
- Softswitching – This feature detects levels of sound and speech then slowly adapts the microphones to ensure a continuous comfortable listening environment.
- Adaptive Directionality – Rather than the focus of the microphone being fixed in one direction (i.e. forwards), this feature means that the hearing aid will detect which direction the speech is coming from and adjust the microphone to attain the best sound quality.