Oticon Oticon Opn 2
- Oticon launch the OPN2 and OPN3. Offering the OPN processing at reduced technology levels and therefor prices.
- Oticon add to the flexibility of the OPN with optional rechargeable battery. Comes at a hefty price tag though and unless you are looking to reduce your carbon footprint the Phonak has it beat in this area.
- Oticon launch the Connect Clip which enables the OPN hearing aids to connect to almost any Bluetooth device.
- Oticon OPN2 has much of the technology found in the OPN1 but now with 48 channels, an 8KHz bandwidth, 4dB less noise reduction and 9dB of floating linear gain (SpeechGuard). Overall still a very good hearing aid with all the iPhone communication benefits and excellent sound.
- Oticon Opn is the latest addition to the Oticon portfolio of hearing aids. It sits alone at the top of their range and is currently only available in that technology level in the receiver in canal size. It has a new casing with a relocated program and volume control button for easier access. There are two power levels available, using the 60 and 85dB loudspeakers currently used in the Alta2 Pro model.
- in a nutshell this looks like a great new hearing aid, and I don’t say that lightly. The Alta2 Pro is still an excellent hearing aid but for those looking for that little bit more this really could be what you are looking for.
- The Oticon Opn processes sound 50 times faster than the previous Inium Sense chip which sounds like a lot… and it is!
- The new Velox™ chip has the market-leading resolution with 64 channels, analyses the environment 100 times per second and can handle 1200 million operations per second.
- The Opn can also boast a worlds first in the Twinlink™ communication system. This means it uses two of its 11 cores solely to process communication. One is a dedicated 2.4GHz bandwidth for advanced communication and voice streaming with iPhones and other Apple devices; the other is used for Binaural Communication giving uncompromising information exchange using both hearing aids to decide on the best program for the environment, even in noisy environments.
- One of the exciting changes in the Oticon Opn is the move away from directional microphones as a solution to the speech in noise issue. Their idea is to retain all the speech in the room and just remove the noise to maintain a full sound picture. The have described this new feature as the OpenSound Navigator™ which constantly scans the environment not with the intention of focusing on just one part but opening up the whole soundscape.
- Oticon’s research has shown marked improvements claiming up to 20% less listening effort compared to the Alta2 Pro, 20% more capacity to remember and most importantly 30% better speech understanding – even in the most noisy environments.
- And finally…. if you like you technology, then the IFTTT technology the Oticon Opn hearing aid offers might just be for you. With the ability to connect to the internet there are countless opportunities on the If This Then That network.
- The Opn benefits from the best of the Alta2 Pro updated for the Velox™ chip. these are Spatial Sound™ LX, Youmatic™ LX, Speech Guard™ LX and Soft speech Booster LX.