Phonak Marvel M70 – Titanium
Phonak Titanium. Main Points. Phonak says
- Made from medical grade titanium. It is discreet, durable and light weight.
- Virto Marvel hearing aids have exceptional sound quality from the first fit. By incorporating a high-tech material for Virto M70-Titanium, we’ve created hearing aids that reflects our passion for innovation and engineering design with performance, functionality and aesthetics.
- The properties of titanium make it possible to build on even more discreet hearing aid. In fact it is the smallest ever custom product from Phonak. Being 15 times stronger than acrylic, it makes it possible to build a shell as thin as 0.2 mm, which is 50% thinner than the existing shells of Phonak has been able to make. With a significantly thinner shell and 60% smaller electronic components, they are able to reduce the size of Virto M70-Titanium by up to 26%. This is very significant as it enables Phonak to use larger vents where appropriate for milder losses and reduce occlusion or to increase the loudspeaker size for power models without increasing the size.
- The new AutoSense OS 3.0 features the adaptive SoundRecover2 and a new way to treat expansion for better soft speech intelligibility. In addition, symmetrical gain settings for asymmetrical hearing loss provides more comfort for first-time users. These set the foundation for the new AutoSense OS and makes the operating systems the best Phonak has ever produced. As hearing loss increases, the new SoundRecover2 improves high-frequency speech audibility by utilizing its adaptive frequency lowering algorithm that is only applied when the level of hearing loss requires it. Sound quality of mid and low frequencies is maintained while high-frequency sounds are made audible. A quite innovative change is the algorithm that takes into account the difference in hearing between each ear. The result is it prescribes slightly less gain for the worse hearing ear at first fit and the benefit is significantly more comfort for the new user without compromising speech intelligibility.
- So far I have found these to be very good when trying to fit a narrow ear canal. The reduction in size of components and thinner titanium shell results in significantly larger vent opportunities. This is the main benefit in reducing the effects of occlusion. The sound has always been good with Phonak and so far results have been very good.