Oticon Real 2
Oticon Real 2 – How good are they?… my thoughts in short..
- Real 2 – I would probably go for the Real 1. You’re probably thinking you would say that. Well there’s not much price difference so why compromise. They still offer a great natural sound and have virtually no feedback. Now working off 48 channels instead of the Real 1’s 64 they will lose a bit of clarity in noisy environments. They are comfortable as there are a huge number of dome options to ensure the perfect fit. If you’re still not sure we can demonstrate the Real 1 only (should be quite similar in most situations) on the day of the hearing test and offer FREE TRIALS (of the Real 1) before you buy to make sure you are going to like them. Once purchased they would have a 60 day money back guarantee. Mike Henley (Audiologist and owner HiB)
Oticon Real 2 – What’s New?
- By building on the excellent Open sound of the More range this time Oticon has kept a well received first fit sound quality enjoyed by our customers
- Using the new Polaris-R chip they have Created new feature in their SoundStabiliser technology to reduce the annoyance of Sudden soft and loud sounds.
- The SoundStabiliser also reduces the impact of wind and handling noise. In fact it has been trained to recognise 500,000 sudden sounds which helps to reduce listening effort by 22%.
- All of that adds up to better hearing in noisy environments, less listening effort and better communication generally as fewer word are missed.
Oticon Real 2 – How did they achieved this?
- The Wind and Handling Stabiliser.This reduces wind noise and handling sounds by switching off the microphone in the hearing aid that is picking up the most wind noise so that this is automatically reduced. Ultimately improving speech clarity in noise too since More’s Wind Noise Management system. In fact, one leading competitor device had 22% louder wind noise, whilst another showed 17% less speech clarity in noise.
- NB: Oticon Real 1 hearing aids are the top technology level, therefore you will benefit from all the robust technology the Real has to offer that will support you in complex hearing environments such as restaurants.
- What is good is that although the lower the performance level of this range means you’ll get less noise reduction, you will get the same Wind and Noise Handling at all levels.
- What else is new to Oticon Real 1 hearing aids? There’s a new app called Companion which includes new features like Speech Booster, Troubleshooting and Remote Care (before, you had to download a separate app for this). They are also slowly introducing Voice Notifications through this new app, which will start with low battery level and evolve from there as app updates.
Oticon Real 2- What are their hearing aid models?
- miniRITE R: Rechargeable battery, telecoil, double push-button and Bluetooth connectivity. Ideal for mild to profound hearing loss and is a Reciever in Canal (RIC) model.
- miniRITE T: 312 disposable battery, telecoil, double push-button and Bluetooth connectivity. Ideal for mild to profound hearing loss and is a Reciever in Canal (RIC) model.
- miniBTE R: Rechargeable battery, telecoil, single push-button and Bluetooth connectivity. Ideal for mild to moderate hearing loss and is a Behind the Ear (BTE) model. This style can be fitted with either a standard ear mold or a slim tube.
- miniBTE T: 312 disposable battery, telecoil, single push-button and Bluetooth connectivity. Ideal for mild to moderate hearing loss and is a Behind the Ear (BTE) model. This style can be fitted with either a standard ear mould or a slim tube.
- The Oticon Real hearing aid range is being launched without In-Ear products, For custom products please click on Oticon Own.
Oticon Real 2 – What will it connect to?
- Basically iPhone or iPad using your devices as a headset if you have iPhone 11 or later running iOS 15.2 or later, and iPad running iPadOS 15.2 or later. With Android if your mobile supports Audio Streaming for Hearing Aids (ASHA). Streams and connects to all the Oticon hearing aid accessories and Companion app.
Oticon Real 2 – What are the Charger options?
- SmartCharger +£150 per aid. Fully charges your Real hearing aids in three hours and you can also charge them for thirty minutes for a six-hour boost of power. Approx. depending on use.
- Desktop charger +£100 per aid. No power storage and designed to sit by a bedside for easy use.
Oticon Real 2 What accessories are there?
Oticon Real 2 – What colours does it come in?
- The colours available in this hearing aid range are: Silver, Silver Grey, Steel Grey, Diamond Black, Chestnut Brown, Terracotta, Chroma Beige, Hear Pink and the new Olive Green (only available in the miniRITE R).